Sunday, December 6, 2020

One of my favorite places in our area is the Filoli Estate in Woodside, completed in 1917, built by William Bourn whose family gained wealth during the Gold Rush. It is part of the National Trust with an amazing mansion with gorgeous grounds during any season. The name Filoli comes from Bourn's motto: Fight for a just cause, love your fellow man, and live a good life. They did! As did the Roth family who bought it from them.











For more photos of Filoli: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XcZ8yzdzmYUkEDgy8

 O the wonderful days of December, not TOO dampened by the restrictions of Covid


Here in Palo Alto we are always grateful for the dedicated annual creche exhibit volunteers who have given this gift now for 32 Christmas seasons—with love for our community and for the glory of God—and are now going forward with a virtual version for number 33, available this year all over the world! Click on: #givethanks
33rd Annual Christmas Crèche Exhibit
BRIGHTNESS OF HOPE
You can experience 25 days of Christmas hope with nativities from around the world, holiday music, children’s activities, and stories by community members. Click on the link below.
Virtual ‣ December 1–25, 2020
An all virtual experience for 2020.
Be inspired by photos, videos, and online experiences. Add your voice, your hands, your heart.
Share your photos and videos at this online form.
The Menlo Park Stake and The Los Altos Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I am so grateful for possibilities, if we are willing to be open to them. My life is not perfect, but I have experienced many beautiful and perfect moments. I have had lots of good and bad happen in my life as I am sure you have too. I have experienced love, happiness, heart break, peace, joy, and victory just to name a few. There is always the possibility to grow, be better and even heal. There is always someone to cheer, to help, to love. And I know the Savior is always there to offer us these things, too. He knows us.


This sculpture in our local park reminds me I can do hard things!


There also are the ginkgo trees (bigger now) where we took a Christmas card photo in 1980.

and throughout my house I have creches, photos, etc. to remind me of how blessed I have been to have had so many experiences and adventures. I am enjoying my 2020 tree even if few others will be!


May we have a joyful December as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. And may we hope for a 2021 with less suffering, more justice, healing, and greater compassion, understanding and peace for all. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year 2021!!

No comments:

Post a Comment