Monday, December 11, 2017

Here I am in Salt Lake City

Clyde and Donna Pendleton
Gail Schubert, JoAnn Steiger, Karen Bradshaw
Grace and Dave Downer
Randy Feriante, Peter and Leanne Giles, Nanci and Darryl Thomander
Jean Gong and Deanne Welch
Marguerite Hancock, and Charliss Feriante
Rusty Hancock accompanied our singing of carols
Giles girls: Sara, Leanne and Afton (with Kimber's Norah)
Andrea Miner, Miriam, Julia Jacobsen, Monajo Ells

After a few frenzied days of cleaning, selling my car, visiting with friends, everything is now in order at home, and I have arrived at the Radisson Hotel near the Salt Lake Temple where I will spend 3 days in training for my mission in the Santiago, Chile Temple. I am blessed to have so many great friends to say good-bye to at a dinner at the Thomanders' festive home Sunday evening. We sang "Till we meet again." Eighteen months will fly by, I'm sure.

Sunday I was set apart with a beautiful blessing and counsel by my Stake President Dow Wilson (right) assisted by my Bishop Todd Miner (who has tried hard to teach me how to create this blog). I am now officially a missionary!



Marguerite Hancock, Miriam and Krys Corbett

3 comments:

  1. You're on your way, dear friend. We will miss you but know that fabulous experiences await you, just like your other 3 missions! We will look forward to "reading all about it." Vaya con Dios! ~Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing example to all of us. I'm excited for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly lighting the world this Christmas season! Have a wonderful three days in Salt Lake! We'll look forward to hearing about your adventures in Chile!

    ReplyDelete