Sunday, January 21, 2018

Summer days in Santiago

Summer is very pleasant here, bringing members to the temple from northern and southern Chile, Brazil, Argentina and other parts of the world. There is always someone who knows someone we know somewhere. This week we have the annual (?) visit from the temple department, so I am hoping to get a recliner or some comfortable chair, a smaller bed and maybe even an oven! I feel hampered when I can't bake cookies (a toaster oven does not work)! Otherwise I have no complaints. I love my Pathway English students, my fellow temple workers and the other missionaries. There are subtle cultural differences in Chile I'm learning as I interact and observe and read a book on these differences, but I feel very much at home. This week I will just give the link to my photos of places close by, as I have labeled them. Please click on the link: 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NtIRVfrx7ISMmsDC2
We have been saddened by the passing of President Monson, but grateful for our new President Russell M. Nelson, who still skis and bounds up the stairs at age 93, has served as a church general authority for many years after a brilliant career as a world-renowned heart surgeon, and is beloved, wise, so optimistic, and admired by all who know him. His counselors are Dallin Oaks, former BYU president, and member of Utah Supreme Court, and Henry B. Eyring, continuing member of the First Presidency, educator and former President of BYU Idaho. The church is in great hands and the transition is very smooth. These men are inspired by God and share their wisdom with us. Our leaders at many levels travel widely and are constantly in touch and aware of the needs of people all over the world.

I appreciate the opportunity to be here in this beautiful country, as well as your tangible love, support and interest. Thank you. Bless you in your daily challenges and joys.
Love,
Hermana Miriam




No comments:

Post a Comment